Project Locations: North America and Abroad
This is a contract opportunity, up to 6 months.
Trindent Consulting is a global management consulting firm that solves complex business problems and delivers operating efficiencies for the Energy, Healthcare, and Financial Services industries. The firm’s unique improvement approach yields between 500 – 1500% ROI within the first year. Established in 2008, Trindent Consulting has quickly garnered a reputation for a firm that Makes It Happen™. It is ranked as one of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies by Canadian Business and PROFIT 500 in 2014, 2015 and 2016. Trindent was also named one of the Fastest-Growing Consulting Firms by Consulting Magazine in 2015.
Description/About the Role:
Trindent consultants review clients’ existing processes in order to identify improvement avenues that will improve our clients’ productivity. They collaborate in close knit teams of 2-6 consultants on projects that typically last from 3 to 9 months. Consultants spend the majority of their time working on client sites with anyone from frontline employees to C-Suite Executives, interacting and influencing key stakeholders and managing change. At Trindent we believe that small teams and client exposure creates a collaborative environment filled with learning opportunities.
Travel and Visa Requirements:
This position will require you to travel for up to three weeks (rotation period) in Asia or other locations overseas. Travel to client sites in the United States and Canada will occur Monday through Thursday. All candidates must be eligible for a TN visa in order to work in the USA.
- Identify process barriers, constraints and variations such as errors, delays and rework and develop process changes that significantly impact and improve client productivity
- Increase employee productivity by reducing workload fluctuations, developing tools for effective staffing in response to demand fluctuations, cross-training back office staff, eliminating manual processes, adapting responsibilities to maximize employee skill sets and driving employee accountability throughout key business processes
- Critically assess client management systems, forecasting, scheduling, process control, tools, data, inputs, information quality, and reporting mechanisms
- Conduct observations, identify areas for improvement to enhance managers’ ability to drive overall profitability of the area, and implement standard operating procedures
- Perform complex financial modeling to express the impact of operational changes in real dollars
- Adhere to standards to ensure sustainable and predictable results for the client
- Evaluate dynamic and static measurement issues and concerns
- Confer with project staff to outline work plans, assign responsibilities and work-stream scope, actively review status reports, and modify schedules or plans as necessary
- Establish and maintain effective client engagement with client project team
- Coach and mentor floor-level client management to adopt changes and actively manage areas
- Participate in delivery of training programs
- Design system tools, applications, and controls that enhance client managers’ ability to drive overall profitability of the area
- Perform other responsibilities as required
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree. MBA or equivalent postgraduate degree is preferred
- Consulting experience in an implementation based management consulting firm will be considered an asset
- Knowledge of processes-driven methodologies with a focus on continuous process improvement
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work well with clients and colleagues
- Fluent in Cantonese
- Knowledge of additional languages, i.e. French, Japanese, Mandarin, German, Korean, Spanish or Arabic is preferred. Please highlight your language skills in your resume
- Advanced proficiency in and knowledge of MS Office Suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Eligible for a TN visa preferred
- Clear understanding of business ethics and professionalism
- Ability to work in ambiguous situations, remain flexible, and to successfully adapt to a variety of working environments
- Superior numeracy, problem solving, and relationship building skills
- Experience with the following process improvement tools is will be considered an asset: Conducting Process Analyses and Critiques, Lost Time Analysis, KPI Grids, Fishbone Analysis, Process Observations, Management Studies, Workload Analysis, Skills Analysis, Behavior Assessments, Responsibility Matrix, Sustainability Plan and Standard Operating Procedures, to name a few
- Availability to travel 80% of the time
Trindent Consulting is committed to providing an accessible, respectful and inclusive environment for all employees and job applicants. We will provide reasonable accommodation if required.
If you require any specific accommodation due to a disability or a medical need during the application process, please contact us at email@example.com or 416-839-7000.