Trindent Consulting is a global management consulting firm that solves complex business problems and delivers operating efficiencies for the Energy, Healthcare, and Financial Services industries. The firm’s unique improvement approach yields between 500 – 1500% ROI within the first year. Established in 2008, Trindent Consulting has quickly garnered a reputation for a firm that Makes It Happen™. It is ranked as one of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies by Canadian Business and PROFIT 500 in 2014, 2015 and 2016. Trindent was also named one of the Fastest-Growing Consulting Firms by Consulting Magazine in 2015.
Description/About the Role:
Trindent consultants review clients’ existing processes in order to identify improvement avenues that will improve our clients’ revenue, cost structure, productivity and other strategic aspects of performance. They collaborate in close knit teams of 2-6 consultants on projects that typically last from 3 to 9 months. Consultants spend the majority of their time working on client sites with anyone from frontline employees to C-Suite Executives, interacting and influencing key stakeholders and managing change. At Trindent we believe that small teams and client exposure creates a collaborative environment filled with learning opportunities.
Our Oil and Gas teams often deliver between $5M and $20M in annualized profit improvement per engagement and may work with clients to drive major programs across multiple assets.
We will consider candidates who reside anywhere in Canada or the USA.
Travel and Visa Requirements:
This position will require you to travel 80% of the time. Travel to client sites in the United States and Canada will occur Monday through Thursday. International travel to other countries may occur for up to three week periods. Our consultants can be based to work in either North America (Canada and the United States), Europe, Middle East, or Asia Pacific and must qualify for a work visa. Successful candidates must be eligible for a TN visa to work in the USA.
- Define, develop and implement systems to accurately measure, identify, investigate and resolve significant hydrocarbon loss incidents
- Identify root causes of and capture significant refinery blending losses and quality give-aways;
- Identify where instrumentation maintenance practices and testing methods do not meet industry standards and implement process changes to ensure the client’s practices meet or exceed standards;
- Assess the tools, data, inputs, information quality and reporting mechanisms that relate to measurement assurance and loss control;
- Conduct observations, identify areas for improvement and create and implement standard operating procedures for meter witnessing, proving and custody transfer protocols;
- Ensure Adherence to API standards to ensure sustainable and predictable results for the client;
- Develop/review process changes that significantly impact and improve client productivity with regards to refinery operations;
- Confer with project staff to outline work plans and to assign responsibilities and workstream scope and actively review status reports and modify schedules or plans as necessary;
- Establish and maintain effective client engagement with client project team;
- Perform complex financial modeling to express the impact of operational changes in real dollars;
- Coach and mentor floor-level client management to adopt changes & actively manage areas;
- Participate in delivery of training programs and act as a mentor for Consultant-level staff;
- Design system tools, applications and controls that enhance client managers’ ability to drive overall profitability of the area;
- Perform other responsibilities as necessary.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and MBA or equivalent postgraduate degree are preferred;
- Consulting experience in an implementation based management consulting firm;
- Blending experience in the oil and gas industry is preferred;
- Significant knowledge of processes-driven methodologies with a focus on continuous process improvement;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work well with clients and colleagues;
- Knowledge of additional languages, i.e. French, Cantonese, Japanese, Mandarin, German, Korean, Spanish or Arabic is preferred. Please highlight your language skills in your resume;
- Advanced proficiency in and knowledge of MS Office Suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint;
- Eligible for a TN visa;
- Clear understanding of business ethics and professionalism;
- Ability to work in ambiguous situations, remain flexible, and to successfully adapt to a variety of working environments;
- Superior numeracy, problem solving, and relationship building skills;
- Experience with the following process improvement tools is an asset: Conducting Process Analyses and Critiques, Lost Time Analysis, KPI Grids, Fishbone Analysis, Process Observations, Management Studies, Workload Analysis, Skills Analysis, Behavior Assessments, Responsibility Matrix, Sustainability Plan and Standard Operating Procedures, to name a few;
- Availability to travel 80% of the time.
Trindent Consulting is committed to providing an accessible, respectful and inclusive environment for all employees and job applicants. We will provide reasonable accommodation if required.
If you require any specific accommodation due to a disability or a medical need during the application process, please contact us at email@example.com or 416-839-7000.