Trindent Consulting is a global management consulting firm that solves complex business problems and delivers operating efficiencies for the Energy, Healthcare, and Financial Services industries. The firm’s unique improvement approach yields between 500 – 1500% ROI within the first year. Established in 2008, Trindent Consulting has quickly garnered a reputation for a firm that Makes It Happen™. It was ranked as one of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies by Canadian Business and PROFIT 500 in 2014, 2015 and 2016. Trindent was also named one of the Fastest-Growing Consulting Firms by Consulting Magazine in 2015 and 2016.
Description/About the Role:
Trindent consultants review clients’ existing processes in order to identify improvement avenues that will improve our clients’ revenue, cost structure, productivity and other strategic aspects of performance. They collaborate in close knit teams of 2-6 consultants on projects that typically last from 3 to 9 months. Consultants spend the majority of their time working on client sites with anyone from frontline employees to C-Suite Executives, interacting and influencing key stakeholders and managing change. At Trindent we believe that small teams and client exposure creates a collaborative environment filled with learning opportunities.
Our Oil and Gas teams often deliver between $5M and $20M in annualized profit improvement per engagement and may work with clients to drive major programs across multiple assets.
Travel and Visa Requirements:
This position will require you to travel 80% of the time. Travel to client sites in the United States and Canada will occur Monday through Thursday. International travel to other countries may occur for up to three-week periods. Our consultants can be based to work in either North America (Canada and the United States), Europe, Middle East, or Asia Pacific and must qualify for a work visa. Successful candidates must be eligible for a TN visa to work in the USA.
- Support the Engagement Manager and the team of consultants in developing data and information requests to clients;
- Provide guidance and support to the team in identifying most relevant areas of analysis and in conducting such analysis;
- Review analyses outcomes with the team to acquire deeper insight of clients’ performance issues and develop potential improvement actions;
- Participate in meetings with clients to support team findings and provide expert based answers to clients’ requests;
- Promote adherence to API standards to ensure sustainable and predictable results for clients;
- Develop/review process changes that significantly impact and improve clients’ productivity with regards to refinery operations;
- Establish and maintain effective client engagement with client project team;
- Perform complex financial modeling to express the impact of operational changes in real dollars;
- Coach and mentor floor-level client management to adopt changes & actively manage areas;
- Participate in delivery of training programs and act as a mentor for Consultant-level staff;
- Design system tools, applications and controls that enhance client managers’ ability to drive overall profitability of the area;
- Perform other responsibilities as necessary.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, chemical or petroleum engineering. MBA or equivalent postgraduate degree is preferred;
- Consulting experience in an implementation based management consulting firm;
- Significant knowledge of refinery production operations, gasoline and diesel blending and optimization, blending instrumentation performance;
- Significant knowledge of processes-driven methodologies with a focus on continuous process improvement;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work well with clients and colleagues;
- Knowledge of additional languages, i.e. French, Cantonese, Mandarin and German is preferred. Please highlight your language skills in your resume;
- Advanced proficiency in and knowledge of MS Office Suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint;
- Eligible for a TN visa;
- Clear understanding of business ethics and professionalism;
- Ability to work in ambiguous situations, remain flexible, and to successfully adapt to a variety of working environments;
- Superior numeracy, problem solving, and relationship building skills;
- Experience with the following process improvement tools is an asset: Conducting Process Analyses and Critiques, Lost Time Analysis, KPI Grids, Fishbone Analysis, Process Observations, Management Studies, Workload Analysis, Skills Analysis, Behavior Assessments, Responsibility Matrix, Sustainability Plan and Standard Operating Procedures, to name a few;
- Availability to travel 80% of the time
Trindent Consulting is committed to providing an accessible, respectful and inclusive environment for all employees and job applicants. We will provide reasonable accommodation if required.
If you require any specific accommodation due to a disability or a medical need during the application process, please contact us at email@example.com or 416-839-7000.