Trindent Consulting is a global management consulting firm that solves complex business problems and delivers operating efficiencies for the Energy, Healthcare, and Financial Services industries. The firm’s unique improvement approach yields between 500 – 1500% ROI within the first year. Established in 2008, Trindent Consulting has quickly garnered a reputation for a firm that Makes It Happen™. It is ranked as one of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies by Canadian Business and PROFIT 500 in 2014, 2015 and 2016. Trindent was also named one of the Fastest-Growing Consulting Firms by Consulting Magazine in 2015.
Description/About the Role:
The Engagement Manager is responsible for ensuring consistent application of project management discipline and practices from initiation through project completion and close-out. The Engagement Manager manages assigned projects typically ranging from $750K-$3MM and is responsible for the successful delivery of all tactical aspects of a project. The Engagement Manager should also be adept at identifying and pursuing more work opportunities within an account.
Travel and Visa Requirements:
This position will require you to travel for up to three weeks (rotation period) in Asia or other locations overseas. Travel to client sites in the United States and Canada will occur Monday through Thursday. All candidates must be eligible for a TN visa in order to work in the USA.
- Develop/review project proposals and plans to determine timeframe, staffing requirements and resource allocation, project structure and implementation strategies and collaborate with Project Leadership to identify and mitigate project risks;
- Confer with project staff to outline work plans and to assign responsibilities and workstream scope and actively review status reports and modify schedules or plans as necessary;
- Deliver project status reports to management, clients and/or other necessary stakeholders;
- Establish and maintain effective client engagement with client project team;
- Effectively manage conflicts and ensure timely resolution of issues that could affect project success;
- Actively monitor the delivery of project milestones and sustainable results to ensure that results are delivered on-time-in-full and within budget;
- Participate in delivery of training programs and act as a mentor and coach for Operations professionals by providing performance feedback and support of their development plans;
- Participate in or lead internal improvement initiatives as required and ensure team compliance to all internal policies and procedures;
- Perform other responsibilities as necessary.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- MBA or equivalent postgraduate degree, or a bachelor’s degree and relevant work experience;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in operations management consulting or other relevant experience;
- Experience successfully managing workstreams;
- Solid knowledge of project management processes and methodologies;
- Focus on continuous process improvement;
- Advanced proficiency in and knowledge of MS Office Suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal and relationship building skills;
- Ability to remain flexible and to successfully adapt to a variety of working environments, and be able to engage and motivate individuals within all levels of an organization;
- Knowledge of additional languages, i.e. French, Japanese, Cantonese, Mandarin, German, Korean, Spanish or Arabic is preferred. Please highlight your language skills in your resume;
- Eligible for a TN visa;
- Availability to travel 80% of the time.
Trindent Consulting is committed to providing an accessible, respectful and inclusive environment for all employees and job applicants. We will provide reasonable accommodation if required.
If you require any specific accommodation due to a disability or a medical need during the application process, please contact us at email@example.com or 416-839-7000.